Tivat is a small coastal town in the Bay of Kotor, one of the most beautiful areas in Montenegro. As of 2011, its population was 14,111. Over the last few years it has become a popular vacation spot for the rich and famous, mostly due to the fact that Porto Montenegro, one of the most luxurious yacht marinas in Europe, is located there. It is estimated that Tivat will become the new Monaco in 3 years time, judging by the amount of funds that are invested there. Porto Montenegro, apart from being the perfect place to dock your yacht, offers luxurious hotel, spa resorts, cafes and restaurants. Many locals rent out rooms and apartments as well. Having all that in mind, it is logical to assume that investing in property in the Tivat area is wise at this moment of time. After all, Montenegro is the most sought after destination in the Mediterranean these days.
Slightly up the hill behind Tivat, on the old road to Kotor, at about 100m above the sea level, is the small residential town of Kavac half way between Unesco protected Kotor (5 km), and Tivat (6 km). Set in a natural and peaceful environment, the south-west views over the Tivat Bay from Kavac are simply stunning. It is simply ideal for those who like the convenience of living close to the city but who prefer to enjoy more space and more nature. Tivat Heights, a collection of three villas which contain 4 apartments each (1 apartment per floor), are currently being built there. Positioned at the back end of the Kavac urban plan, the green zone being just behind the villas, Tivat Heights apartments enjoy stunning views to the sea as well as views over the green from the back rooms.
Here are some details about the apartments:
- 3 Architect-designed villas of 4 apartments each (one per floor),
- 100m² Swimming pool & 750m² of Mediterranean Gardens, Jacuzzi & Sauna,
- Energy efficient building materials, solar panels, eco-friendly heat-pumps, hotel-type mechanical ventilation with heat recovery,
Villa Cadmeia, Villa Illyria, Villa Harmonia (from left to right)
- 90 sqm of net interior living space
- 20-30m² terraces or 55-80m² private gardens on the ground floor
- Panoramic sea views from the ground floor to the penthouse,
- Superior quality materials, fittings and furniture, ready to move in.
- Underfloor heating, ceiling concealed air conditioning, mechanic ventilation…
- A large open-plan living area with a fully fitted and equipped kitchen, a utility room, dining and living room furniture of superior quality, TV and Hi-fi equipment, elegant lighting,
- One large Master Bedroom with a king size bed, a walk-in wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom,
- A spacious guest bedroom and a guest bathroom with italian shower,
- Interior designed apartments.
The villas/apartments are located in a quiet and secluded place, but everything is still close. It is also worth to mention that the Government of Montenegro announced last month that the country will be getting its first PGA golf course which will be located in Kavac, about 500m below the Tivat Heights Residence and which will be visible from all apartments. The apartments at Tivat Heights have been designed for year-round living. If you are investing for your own habitation, be confident that your property will be suitable both for summer and winter times. Architectural plans have been made to ensure your comfort through all seasons. Of course, if you do not plan to live there, you can always rent your apartment out. Tivat’s population is increasing year after year (and so is the need for year-round accommodation). Therefore, you can expect regular income with long-term rentals to the growing expat community. It is also important to mention that the developer is a company called Catareos, which is an eco-friendly company.
Prices and availability information can be found here. All necessary brochures and information are located here. To find more images of the property, you can check out their Pinterest page. Of course, if you wish to contact the company directly and inquire about the apartments, you can find all contact information at their official website.